So what exactly is BluRay, CD, DMM, DSD SACD and XRCD?
The Compact Disc (also known as a CD) is an optical disc used to store digital data. It was originally developed to store and playback sound recordings exclusively, but later expanded to encompass data storage (CD-ROM), write-once audio and data storage (CD-R), rewritable media (CD-RW), Video Compact Discs (VCD), Super Video Compact Discs (SVCD), PhotoCD, PictureCD, CD-i, and Enhanced CD. Audio CDs and audio CD players have been commercially available since October 1982.
Despite the appearance of more advanced digital formats, the plain old CD will still be with us for a long time. And even if it did disappear, backwards compatibility would be ensured with newer units being able to play the standard CD format.
The Stockfisch CD catalogue (excluding hybrid SACD recordings with a CD layer) consists of the following titles:
- Allan Taylor: Colour to the moon
- Allan Taylor: Hotels and dreamers
- Chris Jones: Moonstruck & Nolooking back (2CD)
- Chris Jones: Roadhouses and automobiles
- David Munyon: More songs for planet Earth
- David Munyon: Poet wind
- David Munyon: Pretty in Blue
- David Munyon: Seven leaves in a blue bowl of water
- Davind Munyon: Slim possibilities
- David Roth: Pearl Diver
- David Roth: More pearls
- European Auto Sound Association: Evaluation Disc
- Ewen Carruthers: When time turns around
- Mike Silver: Heaven in mind
- Mike Silver: Solid Silver
- Paul Stephenson: Light green ball
- Paul Stephenson: These days
- Sara K: Water Falls
- Sara K: Don't I know you from somewhere
- Sara K and Chris Jones: Live in concert